So if you’re wanting to step into the world of blogging or Instagram influencing, you probably have a lot of questions. You probably also have seen a lot of advice given out + don’t know how to separate the noise + fluff from the real stuff.
Or maybe you’ve been trying your hand at it for a while + feel like you’re getting nowhere.
Here’s what I know has helped me be successful + I truly believe you can be too if you follow these 12 tips!
- Decide what your focus is going to be and who your ideal audience is.
If you don’t know what you’re going to share, you aren’t a blogger, you’re just another person with an Instagram account. If you don’t know who you’re talking to, you’re talking to no one.
- Start a running list of hashtags broken down into categories.
I have categories like Motherhood, Self Care, Women Empowerment, Fashion, etc. Within each category, I have 500K+, 100K-500K, and less than 100K.
- Buy a tripod and ring light.
It sounds cliche, but just do it. This is a good one.
- Use presets in the free Lightroom app on all your pictures.
It is the best photo editing app + it’s FREE. Presets are very affordable + make you look like a pro photographer.
- Create a Canva account and upgrade to the pro account (it’s worth it).
Canva is how people make all those really cool graphics.
- Use Site Ground to host your site and WordPress to design and edit.
Use Creative Market to get a WordPress theme.
- Flodesk for email marketing.
I have used other email marketing platforms, + I can say without a doubt, Flodesk is the absolute best out there. Plus you can sign up for only $19/month FOR LIFE.
- Engage with others if you want others to engage with you.
If no one is commenting on your photos, think back….when was the last time you commented on someone’s photo??
- Follow brands you love and engage with them.
Like their photos, comment on their posts, reply to their stories, tag them.
- Utilize Pinterest + Tailwind.
Pinterest is the easiest + best way to drive traffic to your blog + with Tailwind, you can schedule pins to go out on autopilot.
- Look at your analytics but don’t obsess over them.
Use your analytics to tweak your strategy, but remember, they are just numbers on a screen + don’t define you as a person.
- Join influencer platforms to apply for collaborations.
There are SO many ways to get collabs: Heartbeat, AspireIQ, Corcus, ShareASale, Sway, + so much more.
Are you utilizing all of these? If not, which are you going to try? Comment below + let me know! I love to hear from you! Reach out on Instagram if you have any questions! I would be happy to help!
*This post contains affiliate links. All opinions are my own.
PS- Did you check out my post 12 Mistakes I Made as a New Blogger?